Situated in Western Sydney, the Community Finance Hub’s team helps the local community by providing financial services such as NILS (No Interest Loan Scheme), EAPA (Energy Accounts Payment Assistance), Financial Counselling and Oz Harvest Hampers. We are a proud Aboriginal Organisation and welcome anyone who may need our services, and our services are free and delivered in a safe, confidential, and respectful environment. We accept walk in, phone and internet enquiries or referrals from other Community Organisations.
Muru Mittigar Community Finance Hub has been helping community members with NILS and Financial Counselling since 2011. In 2016 we added EAPA (Energy Accounts Payment Assistance) and in 2020, Oz Harvest food assistance to our services. So far we have helped over 2,500 people and have arranged over $2 million in no interest loans.
No Interest Loans (NILS) is for people who earn less than $70,000 annual income (before tax or $1064.15 after tax) as a single person or $100,000 annual income (before tax or $1442.08 after tax) if you have a partner or children and/or are receiving Centrelink Income benefits. The loan can be up to $2,000.00 and to be paid off over a 12-month period.
There is no interest, no charges, and no fees.
You can get a NILS loan for?
• Your car expenses (registration/repairs)
• Household items (tv, fridge, lounge, bedroom furniture, etc)
• Health items (hearing aids, glasses, sleep machines, dental, etc)
• Education cost e.g. TAFE, University or private College fees, textbooks, practical kits (hairdressing,
• Make up, chef, forklift, traffic controller), uniforms with logos
• Technology (smart phones, laptop, iPad, etc)
• Veterinary expenses
• Funeral expenses (headstone, service, cremation/burial, etc)
To apply we will require the following documents:
• Photo ID
• Proof of your Income
• Proof of residence – Rent ledger, council rates if property is owned by you along with water rates
• Last 90 days bank transactions, not statements
• Latest electricity, gas, phone, internet bill
• Any current loans or rentals within last 3 months
• Quote for loan item on a Company letterhead. This must include, ABN and bank details, eg. Good Guys, Fantastic Furniture or Mechanics. Make, model & cost of the item.
Muru Mittigar is a proud Dharug Aboriginal Social Enterprise, providing ‘real time’ employment, education, and training opportunities to the Western Sydney Aboriginal & Torres Strait Community. Our offerings encompass authentic Australian Aboriginal Cultural Awareness Programs, Community Assistance and Financial Services, and high-quality Contracting and Consulting business services such as landscaping, arboriculture, native plant nursery and land conservation management services.