No Interest Loan SchemeFirst Nations business. Operating for over 20 years. Working in and with the Community to make a difference.
Situated in Western Sydney, the Community Finance Hub’s team helps the local community by providing financial services such as NILS (No Interest Loan Scheme), EAPA (Energy Accounts Payment Assistance) and Financial Counselling. We are a proud Aboriginal Organisation and welcome anyone who may need our services or Our services are free and delivered in a safe, confidential, and respectful environment. We accept walk in, phone and internet enquiries or referrals from other Community Organisations.
Muru Mittigar Community Finance Hub has been helping community members with NILS and Financial Counselling since 2011. In 2016 we added EAPA (Energy Accounts Payment Assistance) and in 2020, Oz Harvest food assistance to our services. So far we have helped over 2,500 people and have arranged over $2 million in no interest loans.
No Interest Loans (NILS) are for people who are on a low income (under $45,000 after tax) and/or are receiving Centrelink Income benefits. The loan can be up to $1,500.00 and to be paid off over a 12 month period. There is no interest, no charges and no fees.
You can get a NILS loan for?
- Your car expenses (registration/repairs)
- Household items (tv, fridge, lounge, bedroom furniture, etc)
- Health items (hearing aids, glasses, sleep machines, dental, etc)
- Education cost e.g. TAFE, University or private College fees, textbooks, practical kits (hairdressing, make up, chef, forklift, traffic controller), uniforms with logos
- Technology (smart phones, laptop, iPad, etc)
- Veterinary expenses
- Funeral expenses (headstone, service, cremation/burial, etc)
To apply we will require the following documents:
- Photo ID
- Proof of your Income
- Proof of residence – Rent ledger, council rates if property is owned by you along with water rates
- Last 90 days bank transactions, not statements
- Latest electricity, gas, phone, internet bill
- Any current loans or rentals within last 3 months
- Quote for loan item on a Company letterhead. This must include, ABN and bank details, eg. Good Guys, Fantastic Furniture or Mechanics. Make, model & cost of the item.