Our Community Finance Hub (CFH) is looking for a qualified, experienced, enthusiastic and motivated Indigenous Financial Counsellor to join the team at Penrith in NSW.
This is a full time role (38 hours per week) You will be willing to work with minimal supervision, have great general office and communication skills, and a passion for assisting people facing difficult financial situations.
Attention to detail, outstanding customer service to both internal and external customers and an ability to engage effectively with indigenous people and communities are desirable attributes.
Excellent career development opportunities await the right person.
We encourage people/s of Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander descent to apply.
If you are interested please forward a covering letter and resume to
Submitting an Application
All applicants for the above position will submit a compliant application if they submit their resume along with a covering letter outlining how they meet or exceed the key selection criteria below. Applicants should also indicate in their covering letter why they think they are suitable for the position and ensure they include relevant experience, skills and qualifications in addition to a short summary of their work experience.
Key Selection Criteria
Key selection criteria for this position include:
- diploma of Community Services – Financial Counselling
- ability to engage effectively with Indigenous people and communities
- ability to conduct casework with Indigenous people
- understanding of financial issues affecting Indigenous people and communities
- achievement in a previous community development role
- understanding of privacy legislation and principles
- leadership skills and experience
- ability to work independently, as well as being an effective member of the CFH team
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent advocacy skills to facilitate advocating for vulnerable and disadvantaged clients
- Good public speaking and presentation skills
- Ability to build and maintain effective relationships
- An understanding of Microfinance as the role includes the delivery of NILS loans and other microfinance products when appropriate
Applicants must demonstrate how they meet or exceed each of the above key selection criteria in their application. Applicants who submit applications that do not address the key selection criteria for this position will not be considered further. It is insufficient to simply submit a resume only or a covering letter that does not address the key selection criteria.
A detailed Position Description is available upon request.
Closing date for applications is 5pm Friday 20th January 2017.
All applications received will be reviewed and only those applicants required for interview will be contacted. You will be advised by Muru Mittigar within two (2) weeks of submitting your application, if you are required for an interview. If you are unsuccessful in obtaining an interview, Muru Mittigar wish to extend their thanks and appreciation for the time spent submitting your application and would encourage you to apply again for any other suitable positions you may see advertised in the future.