CULTURAL ACTIVITIES AND TOURS
At Muru Mittigar we invite you to share in and celebrate the rich history of the Darug culture, our land and our people. We offer a special meeting space to develop understanding of Aboriginal culture and provide an authentic insight into Aboriginal heritage; the oldest living culture in the world. Each workshop lasts for 45 minutes with packages tailored to suit our guests; for visitors, schools and corporate and community groups alike. At Muru Mittigar we ensure every guest receives a unique Aboriginal cultural experience and bookings are essential. Please contact us to discuss your visit.
The Muru Mittigar Cultural and Education Centre caters for all members of the community including children, students, international and national visitors, people with a disability, senior’s groups, children’s birthday parties and school holiday and vacation programs.
Tours are tailored to the interest of our guests. Please call (02) 4730 0400 for further information.
- Muru Mittigar Cultural Experiences and Tours are available for individuals (minimum 10 people) and groups of up to 120 people.
- Activity fees from $15 for children (up to 12 years), $20 for seniors and $26 for adults.
- Discounted rates are available for domestic primary and secondary school groups (please see School Programs below for pricing).
- Interpreting services are available for Chinese, Japanese and Korean groups at a cost of $90 per hour.
- International student bookings are available from $38.60pp.
- Bush Tucker Morning Tea, including damper, wattle seed pikelets and assorted native jams and other refreshments are available on request (advance notice necessary).
- Aussie BBQ Lunch & Bush Tucker Tasting: The bush tucker taste test is a chance to try some of our native game meat, such as Kangaroo and Emu (advance notice necessary).
- Retail Shop and Art Gallery: Browse authentic arts and crafts created by Aboriginal people living in Sydney and by our onsite resident artists.
Muru Mittigar Cultural and Education Centre is open from 9am to 4pm Monday to Friday and open at weekends by request (for pre-booked tours). All prices are in Australian dollars.
Activities are available on weekends by appointment. To book now, please phone (02) 4730 0400 or email email@example.com.
In alignment with the new HSIE Human Society Environment learning outcomes, Muru Mittigar’s school programs have been designed and developed to create a unique opportunity for our local schools and their students to participate in an interactive and hands-on experience. Workshops include: an introduction to Aboriginal Australia, our instruments, weaponry and tools through Cultural Talks; Dreamtime Story Telling; Boomerang Throwing; Yarra (Bush Tucker) Walk; Didgeridoo Talk and Traditional Art.
- 89 or less Students: $20pp
- 90 or more Students: $15pp
- Adults/Teachers: $20pp
For further details on the Schools Program Overview click here.